The air conditioners genuinely help reduce the indoor temperature and keep the people calm and cosy in the hot summers. The portable conditioners are eco-friendly as well as economical. Additionally, these come with low maintenance than standard air conditioners. These portable air conditioners also cool the temperature faster than coolers.
These air coolers are portable and flexible too. It can move from one room to another. Before purchasing a particular portable air conditioner, the buyers have to keep 3 main factors in their mind. The elements are as follows:
Room Size and BTU’s Needed- First, the room of the users must consider. The size of the room must check for the portable AC Conditioners. The BTU is needed to measure how powerfully the AC cools. Additionally, it is also limited how much area is covered for its cooling.
Water Removal System: A self evaporating system is present in most of the air conditioners. In this system, the water condensation is recycled back into the air. The water is generally collected in a tank, and it has to be pumped outside through a hose. On the other hand, it can also be drain manually.
Operating Modes and Noise Levels: Different modes are available in different models of the conditioners. The users are recommended to check all the models and then select the smartest one as per the users’ requirement. The levels of noise should also check before purchasing.
These are the vital factors that one should keep in mind. Additionally, other factors should be kept in mind. It will be provided by the “Buying Guide” and help the buyers choose the best one.
10 Best Portable Air Conditioner
It is a UAE based home appliances and electronics company. This company works continually by providing the best products to their customers. This portable AC can able to beat the heat by cooling the room quickly. The capacity of this model is 1.5 tons. This is suitable for medium-sized rooms with a size range between 120 to 180 sq. ft.
Some of the smart features of this portable air conditioner are provided. This model has the quality of constant airflow with the help of the vertical structure of the AC. This helps in providing a constant temperature in the room. This model is easy to move from one room to another without any difficulty.
This model of the AC comes with 3 in 1 air conditioner. This arrives in the market with high tank capacity that can hold 2 litres to keep the room cool. This has an LED display and a timer. The air-filter is antibacterial as well. This will help to keep the room clean and healthy.
The product information is as follows- The colour of the model is white. The warranty for this AC is 1 year, and the compressor has 5 years warranty. The installation type is a window. 5.23 kWh is power consumption. The condenser coil is made of copper. The noise level is of 45 dB.
- This model is portable, lightweight and easy to carry from one place to another.
- This model will not require any separate phase.
- It has 3 in 1 technology, no-drip technology as well as an antibacterial air filter.
- This is easy to install, use as well as clean.
- This model consumes more power.
- This is a little bit costly compared to other products.
The users can simply enjoy the cooling, which is comfortable enough. This is portable and can be placed anywhere at home according to the users. This is suitable for a small area or a room that covers up to 100 sq. ft.
This model has smart features that are enlisted below.
This portable AC has high-efficiency rotator compressor, which delivers maximum cooling with minimum consumption of power. Additionally, it possesses hydrophilic golden evaporator fins, which reduces microbes, dust and other particles.
The anti-freeze thermostat protects the AC by preventing the formation of frost on the heat exchanger. The dry mode of the portable AC helps in removing the moisture from the room effectively. It has an eco-friendly refrigerant and has a full tank alarm that reminds the users to drain water manually.
The users can quickly diagnose the error of the portable AC. It has an auto-restart and a timer, and it works according to the wish of the users. The electronic panel of the model is like a feather touch. This model has antibacterial and dust silver coating that reduces the transmission of diseases.
The product information is as follows- The capacity of the portable AC is 1 ton. The model is white. Voltage, as well as the noise level, is 230V and 52 dB respectively. Plastic is the material used for manufacturing. The warranty on the product is 1 year and 5 years on the compressor. The installation type is portable. The condenser coil is made of copper.
- This model arrives in the market with various features like night glow function on the remote control, self-diagnosis, auto restart and timer and many more.
- This AC can easily be moved from one room to another due to its portable nature.
- Refrigerant is environment friendly.
- The portable AC can operate either by touching the electronic panel or with the help of remote.
- The installation, quality as well as the cooling is not up to the mark.
- The model needs to have an exhaust outlet. This AC runs with much noise.
- The electricity bill might increase while using the portable AC.
This portable air conditioner possesses 4 in 1 technology. This model works as an air conditioner, dehumidifier, heater as well as a fan. This is suitable for a room of area 100 sq. ft.
The drain water can be quickly and automatically evaporate with the use of exhaust pipe. A sliding window ventilation kit is provide that helps the users to install the AC easily. The customer care of this company is very active as well.
This model is easy to move from one place to another. The portable AC can be controlled either by remote or touching the electronic panel. This model possesses auto evaporation technology that has flexible single-hose exhaust system. The model also has features like sleep function and timer mode. The portable AC has 4 in 1 technology.
The product information is as follows: The capacity of the AC is 1 ton. It has uneven cooling as well as heating capacity. The voltage required is 220 to 240V. The frequency is 50 Hz. The warranty of the model is 1 year and 2 years warranty on the compressor. The weight is 26 kg. The installation type is a window.
- This model arrives in the market with various features like digital display, adjustable thermostat control and many more.
- This model is easily installed with the help of sliding window ventilation kit.
- This is easy to move.
- This product is a little bit costly compared to other products.
This air conditioner is considered to be one of the best. The reason is that it possesses a powerful dehumidifier that is capable of removing up to 101 pints of water from the air each day.
This air conditioner is bucket less along with an evaporation system. This model is provided with an electrical control panel for advance as well as easy use. This has four mode controls i.e. cooling, fan, dehumidifier and auto mode. The portable AC is also included with a window exhaust kit. This is used for an easy fix at home.
Item model number- 2477821
The dimension of the product is 35.6 X 34.5 X 70.4 cm. The weight of the item is 24 kg which is quite heavy. The battery that is used for the AC is 2 AAA batteries. This has four control modes which are quite useful to the users.
- This model has an electrical control panel along with a digital remote.
- This device arrives in the market with 4 controls.
- The window exhaust kit is included.
- The system is bucket less.
- The built quality of the model is low.
This portable air conditioner is considered to be the best compact size ACs. The reason is that the built quality is excellent, and the design is unique.
This model is said to be a personal space air cooler with purifier as well as a humidifier. This helps in controlling the room temperature. The model possesses a better evaporative air cooler. Additionally, this model arrives with three-shaped control. It will help to adjust in a better way.
Item model number- AC-001
The dimension of the product is 32 X 10 X 8 cm. The weight of the item is 9.07 kg. The model is available in 7 colours. This has USB as well. The model is small in size.
- The model is easy to use as well as portable.
- This model produces hot and cool air. Additionally, it improves the quality of air.
- The accessories kit is also included.
- The size of the device is considered to be very small.
This is considered to be one of the best compact size air conditioners. It is minimal and can be quickly taken from one place to another, according to the user’s need.
This model is available in the latest designs. For example, it is small, and it continually gives out fresh air which is quite beneficial to the users.
This portable AC is made of hard plastic. The battery that is used is of 1.5V. It also possesses a USB drive. The dimension of the AC is 115 X 110 X 135 mm. The model is available in various colours.
- The portable AC is made of hard plastic.
- The power of the battery is 2.5W.
- This has small as well as a compatible size.
- The flow of air is relatively slow, which is not suitable.
This model is considered to be the best low noise portable AC. The reason is that it creates a vacuum which is refilled by air. The process is done from any possible pinhole gaps of windows and doors. This portable AC arrives in the market with a unique technology known as Golden Fin Technology’s corrosion technology.
The Golden Fin Technology provides a new, long-lasting as well as non-toxic solution. This device is a 3 in 1 device. It works as an air conditioner, humidifier as well as a fan. This model possesses an antibacterial filter that helps in cleaning. The noise level is of 41 dB.
- This model arrives with an antibacterial filter which is considered to be remarkable.
- It has a front panel display.
- This model has four-way direction.
- The material of this portable AC looks cheap.
This model is said to be the best energy-efficient air conditioner. The reason is that it is specially designed for Indian Tropical Environment with 3 meters of Air Throw. This can be used in outdoors as well as indoors. The form factor is to stand alone. The power required is 1050 W.
This model of portable AC is easily moved from one place to another as it possesses wheels. This also has a smart DIY. The installation kit is also available with the device. The BTU of the machine is 12000BTU. This device is ideal for 100 sq.ft. secure place.
- This device possesses remote control as well as touch control features.
- This is a heavy duct portable air conditioner.
- This device provides three-meter airflow.
- The plastic cover is considered to be cheap.
The BTU of this device is 8000BTU. This device is durable and made with the best quality materials. The warranty for this portable AC is 18 months. The unique feature is that it is a remote control device. The noise level of this device is 54 dB.
The air conditioner is package content and has a flexible extension hose window. This also provides a manual for easy installation. The workflow is silent, and it has an automatic shutdown feature. Castor wheels are present and help in easy transport. The battery that is used is 2 AAA.
- This device performs dehumidification of up to 60.8 pints per day.
- It has a digital LED display with remote control.
- The automatic on or off feature is useful.
- This portable AC is a little bit noisy.
The BTU of this device is 11,000 BTU. This model has 4 all direction castor wheels. This allows the device to move quickly from one room to another. The weight of this model is 8.16kg. The dimension of the product is 30.5X 49X 41.9 cm.
Item model number- ARP-9411
This device takes control and creates a beautiful environment in the house of the users. This helps in controlling the temperature as well as the humidity of the room. The device does not make a noise like the other portable ACs. Moreover, this device is equipped with a removable and washable air filter.
- This device has 3 controls.
- The timer is of 24 hours.
- It is digitally controlled.
- The size of the AC is bulky enough.
Buying Guide For Best Portable Air Conditioner
These portable air conditioners are said to be more flexible as well as compactable. These usually arrive 2- 3 inches tall. These can quickly move from one place to another, and they come with wheels. The hot air usually vents through a window, wall, ceiling or a sliding door.
The things that one must consider while purchasing Portable AC are as follows:
#1 Room Size:
The room size must be taken into consideration while purchasing the AC. Additionally, the manufacturers use BTU to measure how efficiently their unit cools the room. BTU is known as British Thermal Units which denotes the power consumed for cooling the room. More the BTU number then bigger will be the room that the AC will keep calm.
#2 Single Hose vs Dual Hose:
Two standard hose configurations include single and dual hose. These are generally used for ventilation of the particular AC.
#3 Single Hose AC Units:
This is mainly design in such a way that both intake, as well as the exhaust of air, is done with the same hose. It is tough to cool the room in this way. The reason is that both intake and exhaust is done with a single hose. On the other hand, this is not as efficient as the dual hose.
#4 Dual Hose AC Units:
This is designed both with an intake and an exhaust hose separately. These are used for its operation. This feature helps the AC to work more efficiently and cools quickly than the single hose.
These portable ACs cool the room by venting out the hot air out. Majority of the models arrive in the market with a window venting kit. Clear instructions are also given to set the AC to vent correctly. Additionally, this kit is simple and easy to setup. This can be easy to move from one room to another.
#6 Window Kit and Louvres:
The venting of the window comes with the filler panels. This will help the users close the gap in an open window and remove hot air directly outside the room. The users are recommended to choose a kit that allows the users to have flexibility where the AC is kept. On the other hand, louvres are fixed manually. Some of them are automatic and are oscillating. This will enable to cool the air widely throughout the room rather than in one fixed direction.
#7 Water Removal System:
Most of the air-conditioners has a self evaporating system. In this system, the water that is condensed is recycled back into the air. The water is first collected in the tank and has to be pumped outside through a hose. On the other hand, the users need to empty the water tank or bucket for the self evaporating system under certain conditions. In some of the models, the water that is collected is drained manually.
#8 Power Cord:
It is said by the manufacturers or the experts not to use an extension cord. This is mentioned clearly in the manual that the users cannot claim the warranty if done like this process. The main reason for this is that the portable ACs are power-hungry and if it runs on an extension cord, then it poses either overheating or fire risk. The users are recommended to run the portable AC with the power socket.
#9 Operating Modes:
The various operating modes provided by the portable ACs are cool, dry, heat, fan, automatic start, timer and many more. The users are recommended to choose the smartest model as per the requirement of the users.
#10 Noise Levels:
These ACs generally run with quite a loud sound and also distancing background noise. That is why the users need to choose a model with less or no noise.
#11 Price or Budget:
The cost of this type of ACs begins from Rs 20,000, and it increases along with the increase of modern features. That is why the users must choose the best one by considering the energy efficiently. Its performance and warranty period.
#12 Other Features:
Some of the other features are enlisted below.
- Ease to use: The buyers are recommended to purchase a portable AC that can be moved from one place to another in an easy way. It must be easy to handle and should have adequate clearance without any noise.
- Wi-Fi: This is included in the latest models. The remote control will perform all these operations.
- Installation: The installation of these ACs is not so difficult. These are easy to install. On the other hand, hooking up the window kit for ventilation is a little bit difficult. The manual is provided along with the unit. This will surely help for fixation.
- Aesthetic: The style and aesthetics of the users’ space are very much important to some users. They need to choose colours and classes according to the looks of the room.
- Condensate Type: There are 3 types of condensate type for these portable ACs. They are Drip AC, Partial Drip and NO-Drip AC.
- Programmable Thermostat: This will help the users to set the AC at a desired precise temperature, and therefore it gets turned off after cooling.
- Remote Control: This helps in controlling temperature and also to turn on and off the AC.
- Heat or AC Combo: This will help to cool and heat the room. This type of ACs can use throughout the year.
- Dehumidifier: This will help to remove the dampness from the air. This will help to have comfortable breathing, and the room stays relaxed and comfortable.
The benefits for the portable air conditioners are as follows
- This ACs are portable, and it occupies less space. This also lowers energy cost.
- The humidity is also lowered. It possesses environment-friendly refrigerant gas.
- This can be easily connected by plugging the AC into a standard outlet.
- This will give mobility to grab the cool air by moving quickly from one room to another without any strain.
- This can use with ease. Additionally, these portable ACs will utilize standard electrical outlets.
- The versatility functions are performed like purifiers, fans, heaters, dehumidifiers and many more.
- These help to prevent the insects from invading the house by closing the windows.
- The timer is set, and constant temperature is used to enhance the sleep by providing clear air through the filters.
These are some of the best portable air conditioners that are available to buy online for the users. The users are recommended to study all the details before purchasing a portable AC. These ACs are budget-friendly as well. The buying guide will help the users know the best ten portable air conditioners in India.