One can say that water is fluid but water is just not runny, it is the natural the liquid which is extremely important for the metabolism of the human body and also called as “life-giver”.
There are different types of water available in the market for drinking purpose which makes it difficult for the people to decide which is the best suitable for their body metabolism and some people even didn’t have proper access to clean drinking water.
Types of water include tap water, bottled water, distilled water and many more. There are lots of struggles faced by people for reaching to the purest supply of water. Water which contains a certain amount of minerals and nutrients is beneficial for the body, and it’s functioning.
Drinking the right amount of water plays a crucial role in our body. It not only boost up the energy levels but also the primary component of brain functioning and plays a vital role in improving the immunity level of the body to safeguard itself from any disease.
However, there is no such agreed quantity of water to intake daily as water intake depends on the lifestyle and activities performed by the people on the daily basis, which becomes their daily routine and their body habit.
8 glasses of water each day is not a rule for every individual, and it just varies from person to person according to their body needs and working habits like sedentary lifestyle and the air-conditioned environment has no scope for water loss via sweat so they can limit their water consumption to near about 2 to 2.5 litres and physical activity workers need to consume 3 litres of water.
Moreover, certain health conditions also speak about the amount of water consumption like kidney, heart and liver problems. It is also necessary to change water consumption habits according to the seasons. one should understand the bodily needs of water and consume accordingly.
There is a different ideology of water intake for men and women, as it depends on the physique and the abilities. Men should take 3 litres of water each day, and women it should be 2 litres a day. And infants, children and teens need to consume 6 to 8 cups of water.
You might be wondering why only water, it has many other sources which may include various drinks like beverages, fruit juices, sodas, smoothies and many more.
We may feel that they are good sources of hydration, but they have many ill effects which will harm your health instead of immunizing your body like juices, sodas etc. can be highly rich in sugar and calories.
All other sources of water intake have adverse effects too, but water is a colourless fluid which is the best body cleanser and is useful in every aspect without showing any ill results.
Apart from that amount of water in the body not only comes from drinking water. It may be 20 to 30 % from food intake, and the rest amount by all kinds of fluids and water.
And even some amount is itself generated during cell functioning and metabolic activities performed by our body. Also, it is observed that more the body is active, more amount of metabolic water is produced. And fresh fruits consumption is also significant water providing source.
There are also short term and long term benefits of drinking water. Short term benefits are seasonal, which includes drinking the right amount of water in summers prevents dehydration.
And also one should drink enough water before, during and after physical work and especially during hot climatic conditions. Plain water is rich in hydration without adding calories and also improves dental health. Long term benefits reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease, urinary tract infections, constipation, high blood pressure etc.
Now, let’s talk about the proven benefits of drinking the appropriate amount of water daily. What are its significant benefits have an eye on them.
However, there are very vast benefits of this fluid as one can live without food for the day, but survival without water is not possible as it is known as the “life-giver”. It helps us to remain healthy by detoxifying the body.
Benefits of Drinking Right Amount of Water Daily
- Starting from the mouth to the anus the water plays a vital role in all the life and body processes. Drinking the right amount of water keeps our mouth fresh without any unpleasant smell. Also helps in saliva and mucus formation for digestion which begins from the mouth.
- Helps in teeth cleansing and whitening and prevents tooth decay. Makes them strong and healthy.
- Helps in the proper functioning of the digestive system and helps in keeping the dehydration, constipation, and acidity away from the stomach.
- Acts as a body temperature regulator.
- The obscene amount of water intake can cause the blood to be thicker, leading to an increase in blood pressure.
- Excretory systems work under the proper water availability as water helps in quickly excreting the waste out of the body in the form of sweating, urine and faeces. And also it prevents kidney damage.
- Helpful in lubrication of joints.
- Plays a vital role in blood circulation as it delivers oxygen and blood carries oxygen through the body.
- Boosts the skin beauty and health and makes the skin free from acne, wrinkles and skin allergies.
- The nervous system includes the brain, spinal cord and sensitive tissues which also consumes water for its proper working.
- Avoiding sweet juices and soda if wanted to lose weight, and it’s better to consume water as a fluid to prevent weight loss.
- Helps in avoiding headaches as lack of hydration can cause headaches and migraine problems in certain people.
- Water helps in performing physical activities and boosts energy levels.
- Energizes muscle cells as they even don’t work during less fluid or water level. 15.Best means to strengthen the immune system.
- The water is the safest, and without any side effects, it is a significant component for the smooth functioning of every organ of the body.
Ultimate Guide for Drinking Right Amount of Water Daily
- After waking up in the morning drink at least two to four glasses of water for the fresh beginning of the day.
- Consume water as per the working conditions as if working in an air-conditioned environment and sedentary lifestyle consume only two to three litres of water per day. For moderate working people it should be exact three litres.
- If we talk about summers, then it is essential to keep yourself hydrated so water should be consumed at regular intervals.
- Water should be taken 30 minutes before a meal to smoothen the digestive processes.
- Intake water as much as possible before and after the workout to make you feel protected against dehydration and also helps in weight loss.
- To reduce the risk of stroke and heartbeat, water intake should be part of the routine before going to bed but have some gap of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Try to drink water as and when you feel thirsty without ignoring it.
Also, there are ways how we can drink water which will act as a wonder for our body: Avoid drinking water while standing because this practice can give you the negative results. And also avoid drinking between meals which can create indigestion or chaos in the bowels.
So, concluding at the end water is the best detoxifier and a cleanser as we know that apple a day keeps a doctor away. Similarly, we can also say that the right intake of water a day keeps the disease away and even away from the doctor’s place.
Water is the remedy of all body problems, and it is essential to consume the proper amount of water and in the right way to be healthy. Ignoring thirst can be treated as welcoming disease. Consume adequate water to look better and attain better.
Healthy body then better life only the life-giver water will help you to attain on taking appropriate litres of water by inculcating daily water habits in your everyday life.